The Body Shop: This Year's Likes, Dislikes and Wishlist.

There was always something about The Body Shop that has never disappointed me. Of course some products were something my skin did not agree with and it is only natural since you cannot make all your products to match the requirements of everyone's skin type, therefore - a wide range of everything you can possibly desire is provided.

Even though I do not shop there monthly, I do have quite a big collection of bits and pieces from their shop simply because anyone that knows me knows you can't go wrong with this brand if you are looking for a present for me. I have yet to try their makeup but simply because the brands I use now work absolutely fine for me and I do not like change, unless I feel like I need one. So let me tell you what worked for me, what didn't and what is on my wishlist this year!

WHAT WORKED:

1. Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask.

This was one of my recent discoveries with their new #daretomask Expert Facial Masks collection - three new 100% vegan formulas were added to the range and all three were good, but this one was a pleasant surprise.
This mask gives you a tingling effect whilst absorbing excess oils from your skin.

It is packed with bamboo charcoal from the Himalayan Foothills, green tea leaves from Japan and organic Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya and as it was only a mask sample that I had, I will definitely be putting it on my routine use list. never felt like a face mask fits my every need before I discovered this.




2. British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask.


This mask was from the same sample set as the Charcoal one and even though it did what it should do, I simply did not fall in love with it.

Infused with real rose petals, rose essence from Britain, rosehip oil from Chile and organic Community Trade aloe vera from Mexico.

As it is a gel mask, it mostly aims to refresh  your skin and re-plump it with moisture, and maybe it is something that my skin did not need desperately but it seems to have a good effect on skin. Just not a must have in my opinion.




3. Tea Tree Targeted Gel.

I do not think I have ever stopped using their tea tree range ever since I discovered The Body Shop. This little tube in particular. I might mot use it as much as I probably should, but I feel the need to apply it on any blemishes.

It is handbag-friendly and mess-free as well as quick drying on your skin, so what is there not to love?

I do tend to use it before bed more than daytime since I do wear make up for the most of my day and don't see the point of applying it on and then ruin all the magic with makeup.




4. Oils Of Life Sleeping Cream.

Now this, This is probably the best thing that has happened to me in the face cream world. I have struggled all my 25 years to find a night cream that I will be happy with. And I am not being funny, I took far too long and far too many disappointments for me to finally find this little gem.

It is not sticky, not heavy and it dries on my skin so quickly that by the time I get in bed, I can actually get a goodnight kiss without my partner ending up with lips full of cream.

The skin feels rested, nourished and I do want to believe that it reduces signs of ageing since with my work/life routine I desperately need this as my partner in crime.  Officially announcing it as my favourite.

5. Mango Softening Body Butter.


Last but definitely not least - Body Butter. I have had way to many of these on my life and every single one I bought was as good as the other one. I chose the Mango scented one as the one to praise simply because it was the one I have just finished up.

Moisturising effect of this stays with your skin for the whole day and my body is desperately screaming out for it after every bath I take. It never irritated my skin and never did I feel like it does not go well with me so - Thumbs up for body butter!





WHAT DIDN'T WORK:

1. Oils Of Life™ Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil.


I know, surprise, right? Just after praising their night cream, I have to say that this facial oil has not been what I expected it do be.

Don't get me wrong, my skin did feel amazingly smooth and all that jazz, so the formula definitely works! What did not work for me was the fact that it took absolute ages to dry on my skin which made it impossible to use on a daily basis when I need to be out of the door in 20 minutes after my alarm goes off at 6AM and I am stood there with my oily face thinking what am I to do with this now.

I am still using it occasionally when I am home all day and have nowhere to rush. So if I ever change my lifestyle it might be a great product but not just right now.


2.Seaweed Oil Balancing Clay Mask.

OK, now this was a very very sad moment for me. I bought this clay mask a while ago and I was so
very excited to use it because it seemed like it is a dream come true - everything I needed in a face mask was right here, listed on the package.  "Deeply cleanse your skin with our purifying and balancing seaweed clay mask. Skin will be left feeling fresh, revitalised and pure."

What not to like!? But how disappointed I was when my skin disagreed with it. Oh dear.. My skin felt this burning sensation as soon as I applied to my skin and for a second I thought that maybe it is how it is supposed to be. Don't ask me why. But no, after removing it from my skin I could see that my skin was very upset with it, it was sensitive and irritated and I did not feel like doing anything else to it, I was too scared to apply anything else. So that  is a no from me and my skin.



3.Japanese Matcha Tea Pollution Clearing Mask.

Another "no" from me goes to this mask - the third one from their new formulas. Maybe, just maybe,
I am not a fan because I only used it once, but that is how I handle my face masks - don't take risks anymore. But I did not feel like it did anything to my skin. It helps to remove pollutants, which might have happened, but my skin did not look or feel any more youthful than it was before the application. Maybe I am a lost cause in this youthful thing, especially with the amount of sleep I am getting, but isn't it why all these beauty masks and creams exist? Either way, not a fan, sorry Matcha Tea.





4. Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo.



I even struggled to find it on their website just now, maybe it is a sign that I am not the only one not
overly excited with this product? I bought it to save my always tired eyes from suffering early mornings and late nights, bought it to revive the look and refresh the puffiness. And I can't say I see the difference.

The applicator has two sides to it -  a roller and an applicator. It supposed to make your eyes look less tired and refresh the skin but all it did was sting my skin and made me question everything I know about refreshed look.

I don't know if it was just me and my skin not getting along with it but I REALLY wanted it to work. Too bad it didn't for me.


WISH LIST:

I will only put 2 items on it even though the list if linger than you can imagine, simply not to bore you with my The Body Shop neediness.

1.Banana Truly Nourishing Hair Mask.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. How amazing does that sound to you?! They also have the shampoo and conditioner in this range and I can't wait to get my hands on this.

2. Vanilla Pumpkin Body Butter.

What says Autumn more than Vanilla Pumpkin Body Butter.  A must have this season. But just this season.



This was my short but ongoing list of this years favourites and not so much favourites. And remember -



Comments

Popular Posts