Night Time Routine.

Developing healthy nightly habits can help you ease into sleep every night. Try and practise a pre-bedtime routine to help you fall asleep quicker and relax.  Understandably, we are adults and we have chores and responsibilities which sometimes will cut off any options of maintaining this routine but do not stop as easy as that - keep on trying and let your body work miracles for you.

What you decide to add to the list is completely up to you, but make sure you stick to it and keep practising every night.

Most of us have a routine without even knowing they have one so let me give you an idea of my list of MUST HAPPEN BEFORE BED and you can see if you can build your own to keep up a healthy life.



Before bedtime I will...

- Remove my makeup with some micellar water.
This is a must for me and must be a must for anyone who wants to maintain healthy skin without breakouts. I do not believe that people do not have time to wipe off the layers of makeup from their faces. It does not ask for a lot of effort and it just makes all the difference for your skin. IF you are on the go or just want to get in bed as quick as possible use makeup remover wipes. They work just about good enough but irritate my skin a bit and I have noticed that they still leave a bit of my mascara on my eyelashes - it is noticeable in the morning but it is better than nothing.

-Brush teeth.
Ok I don't think I need to teach you about good hygiene and the importance of brushing and flossing.

-Apply night cream/balm.
I personally never thought that it would be so important but it is. The older we get the more help our skin needs to stay beautiful and there is nothing wrong in admitting that your skin needs some help. and it is the best time to help it - overnight you do not apply any makeup or don't expose your face to the outside world. Feed it, it will thank you with a shiny glow.

-Technology charging.
I would suggest you to have a separate alarm to your phone one one so that you leave your phone on silent away from bed, but I personally am not a great example of this. I set my phone on charge right next to my bed in a convenient reach to make sure it is all charged and ready for the next day.

-Alarm set.
Coming from the previous step set up your alarms for the next day way before you are falling asleep so you do not forget or you know exactly what is the perfect time for you to wake up. When I set my alarms right before my body slips into a dreamy slumber I tend to add another 10 minutes to my waking up time as a treat for myself because I feel like I need it and then run around in the morning trying to be on time for everything.

-Lay out clothes for tomorrow.
Unless I go to work next morning where I need to change into uniform, I plan my outfits in advance. You really do not want to spend extra time trying to figure put an outfit when your time is limited in the morning.

-Review your planner and add "To Do"s.
You will feel more comfortable if you know exactly what awaits you tomorrow. Where you need to be and what you need to achieve during the day should be slayed out in your mind and keep you motivated. Or at least written out in your diary so you can take a look if you forget the schedule.

-Read a chapter of a book.
It might be just before bed time when you are already in bed or way before you start taking off your makeup but try to include reading into your routine. It helps to switch off from TV and phones and just enjoy the peace and quiet around you.


This is my little routine list, and feel free to pick it up and see how it helps you in the nighttime routine. Or maybe create your own, look into the things you are doing almost every evening anyway and make them into a must. See how it helps to change your habits for better.

Comments

Popular Posts