A Little's Enough.

I truly think that this world lacks patience. The capacity to tolerate other people's habits and opinions is something that could make everyone's life a hundred times easier but unfortunately this is as rare as as an elephant having tea in the Buckingham Palace. It does make me feel a bit crazy when I see people being very stubborn with their ways or their wants and needs in regards to something that is not really a problem at all. - But I prefer to have 2 armchairs in my room. - You are literally staying in this hotel room for one night and you are out all day do you really feel like you need to kick off about this. Really.
I wish I could teach the world this secret of avoiding unneeded conflict  but most would see it as a weakness. Most people probably wont agree with not expressing their opinion left right and everywhere because this means stepping down from their invisible throne that they imagined themselves to be on. This is not losing your "power" and not losing your chance of opinion, this is - not adding any more stress to your life than it already has. (You may be lucky enough not to have any worries at all, then why would you want to start adding it to your life?) Do you really need to start an argument if you don't get your regular coffee on the way to work, or if someone sits right next to you on the train, or talks way to loud in the same room you are in? So many things in this world just don't matter in comparison to the bigger picture.
When your parents keep asking you the same questions over and over again you just want to say - I told you this a million times - but instead try to take a moment to control your frustrations and repeat yourself to them once more. Twice if needs be. It is not going to hurt you, it is not going to cost you anything either, but guess what? It will make your relationship with your parents stay on the same positive level as it was before. When out grocery shopping, how many times have you noticed people acting wild over a good deal? I see this scene every time I shop and it makes me sick that people will almost try to fight over a cheaper item on the shelf. I would never get involved in this.Ever. Nothing is worth my tranquility, especially not battling some old woman over discounted floor mops or oranges. I don't feel happier if I have to fight for something that should be available anyway, we are not in the difficult era where groceries are limited, my friends.
People just don't like to wait for things. Humans want it all and they want it now or never. How can we let someone end up in a queue ahead of us? How can we spend a night in the hotel room and only have 4 English Breakfast tea bags in the room? What if I want to drink 10 and there is not enough! (Realistically you probably wont even have one, but what if!) How can we let people off the metro first and not barge in before anyone gets a chance to get off - Someone else might walk in with me and take the space I claimed in my head and therefore it is mine and my day will be ruined if I don't get it!
In the past I believe patience was associated with suffering and nowadays it might still be living in us as a feeling of panic. I do feel a bit mad sometimes feeling as if I am the only one who sees that it is not right, that this is not the way people need to behave, not the things they need to say. And some people think that I have a weakness in me because I just avoid conflicts over stupid thing like that, but really I just can't be asked to argue with others over something that will never have an affect on my life. I wish I could teach the world patience. It would be a better place if I could. Good things come to those who wait. If you have the patience that is.

Comments

Popular Posts