Wintry Walks.

It has only been a week of the new 2018 and we are only on day five of the 365 pages of this new exciting book and I already feel like so much has happened and I have done so many things. And today, after a second day of re-painting the bedroom, I thought that I just about have time to write this post that I had on my mind since December.

We all make New Years resolutions, but not me. I only say - I will - if I know a 100% that I will be able to do it. Like I would like to go to the gym this year but I am not running there on
January 1st because I have a house to paint and move things around and I will be quite short staffed this month at work so that means more time to spend at work than I would like to, so how can I promise myself to to go to the gym after a busy day? i am not that big of a fan of feeling exhausted.

There are a few of these examples but I will just cut to the point - I want to get out more. Get put of the house for a walk to town or find locations and parks to take pictures, drive further or just walk out of the house and see where it takes you. And since it is still winter I would like to share my tips on ho to make your wintry walks much more comfortable.

1. Check the weather. It sounds so obvious but I tend to walk out of the house with an idea on my mind or an inspiration in my veins that only half way through town I realize that it is starting to pour and you not only don't have an umbrella, but also everything about your great outfit is not compatible with the rain. Or the opposite, try and track the forecast for the future and see if you are lucky enough to catch snow somewhere to take great photos.

2.Coats, scarfs an all the "armor". I cannot stress enough how much I hate the cold. I do like the look of snow and I do like rainy days on some occasions but I just hate feeling cold.... And I am always cold. So I wrap my scarf as many times as I can and only then I feel ready to conquer the world.

3. Plan your route in advance. If you are struggling to find a new route for your wintry walks take a look at some National Trust locations or maybe even download an app that would give you some inspiration for routes in your location. Maybe something like Go Jauntly ? National Trust app would also help you find a piece of history to visit along your route. You do need to check it before you go!  The app will show you what is nearby so  download all the information in advance to cover yourself from being in the countryside with no data.

As simple as that, and it does make a huge difference in your life. Winter should not be the season to lock yourself in the house and hibernate, it is a season to adapt to until spring comes again.

Get out of the house and enjoy your walks no matter the weather!

Comments

Popular Posts